Friday, September 12, 2008

I guess I am a girly girl

The prospect of going to a football game in the pouring rain to watch other young men attempt to inflict serious bodily harm on my sweet 16 year old son does not seem to me a way to spend a Friday evening. The rain is beckoning me to chocolate chip cookie baking, reading a good book and a short nap. I am not excited about the wet icky possible trip to the emergency room with a bloody or broken or unconscious boy that my kisses used to repair. Of course if he gets an interception or a really good tackle I will be the one with the bull horn yelling "that's the way to knock the fire our of him."

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I agree with you, but that's what moms do. Hopefully all will be good!!

Eliza said...

I worry so much about my kids getting hurt I still haven't ever signed anyone up for any kind of sports. I keep thinking, "golf is a realy honorable sport".